Please don't use the configuration console for configuration but rather use the new project wizard generated
YourApp_ServerConfig.prggenerated into your project. See The Generated Server Configuration Script
This wizard is responsible for configuring Web Connection applications on a new server. Typically you'll run this Wizard after you've created an application locally and now need to move it to a server.
This Wizard allows you to set up or configure virtual or root Web site folders, configure scriptmaps for that folder, configure and synch the Web Connection configuration files and register COM servers. In short it can handle all of the typical IIS and COM configuration tasks required for a Web Connection application.
This Wizard is selective and allows partial operations to be performed. For example, you can only create a scriptmap or only create a virtual directory, or you can do both. In other words, this Wizard is very versatile and can be used for many common Web server and registration tasks, which is especially useful when installing Web application on a live server or passing on steps to perform by an ISP.
This wizard unlike the others does not generate any code nor configures any Web Connection specific features. This Wizard is purposefully generic so you can run it on a server. You will need the following in order to have full functionality:
- The Wizard must run out of the Application startup directory!
- CONSOLE.EXE must be present.
- The Web site to configure your app on must be already created
- A .\scripts subdirectory must exist below the root and this directory must contain wc.dll/ini (as per Web Connection installation). These files are required in order to be copied to the Web directories.
- DCOMPermissions.exe from the .\tools directory must be available to use the DCOM configuration settings.
Goto Step 1
See alsoThe Generated Server Configuration Script
Comment or report problem with topic