The following files are required in order run wwIPStuff:
- wconnect.h - Header file always required by source files
- wwIPStuff.dll - Support Win32 DLL (not COM registered!)
- wwHTTP.prg - Self contained HTTP functionality
- wwSmtp.prg - Self contained wwSMTP
- wwPop3.prg - Pop3 functionality (also serves as wwSocket sample)
- wwFtp.prg - FTP functionalty
- wwSocket.prg - Socket functionalty
- wwAPI.prg - Various utility IP functions
- wwUtils.prg - Support utility functions (always required)
- ZLIB1.DLL - Required only if you want to use GZip in wwHTTP
The any DLL files should be distributed in your local app directory (same as your EXE). These files don't need to be COM registered and they cannot be included as part of an EXE - they must be distributed with your app as a standalone file.
The following are included for demos and are not required for distribution:
- wwEval.prg - Safe Evaluation/Execution class for wwHTTPData class
- CodeblockClass.prg - Required only for wwHTTPCOM
- wwXML.vcx - Required only for wwHTTPData and wwHTTPCOM classes and examples
In addition if you only use the HTTP services of wwIPStuff you can use the wwHTTP.prg class which provides the same HTTP functions as the wwIPStuff class in a more lightweight package. You still need wconnect.h, wwUtils and wwIPStuff.dll but you don't need wwIPStuff.vcx which results in much smaller size included into your own projects.
To use the class you'll want to run the supplied LOAD_WWIPSTUFF.PRG file or include that in your project to load the appropriate support classes. To load all classes provided:
SET PROCEDURE TO wwUtils ADDITIVE SET PROCEDURE TO wwEval ADDITIVE SET PROCEDURE TO CodeBlockClass ADDITIVE SET CLASSLIB TO wwIPStuff ADDITIVE SET CLASSLIB TO wwXML ADDITIVE
wwIPStuff.dll is required for:
URLEncoding and URLDecoding with strings larger than 255 characters when using wwHTTP (ie. only when you POST large chunks of data to the server). Any Async operations. All SMTP and POP3 Email functions. Socket support. Zip functionality. Domain lookups.
wwEval.prg and CodeBlockclass.prg
Required if you're using the wwHTTPData or wwHTTPCOM classes.
Required for wwHTTPData when serving XML and all examples that use XML
Comment or report problem with topic